Founded by U.S. International Coach, Daniel Camargo, Oly Concepts is an educational platform on Olympic Weightlifting. Through the use of online tutorials, seminars, publications, and free tips via social media, Oly Concepts provides followers with proper technique, programming, and coaching tips.
Coach Camargo is a 27 year veteran of the sport and in that time has represented the United States in international competition as both an athlete and coach. In 2012 he centralized his philosophies and shared his experience with his followers, especially newcomers to the movements associated with Weightlifting. After creating Oly Concepts, he changed the team name of his Weightlifting Club, originally established in 1999, to match his educational platform.
Team Oly Concepts, as it is known today, further promotes his brand while supporting the athletes he so closely works with. Oly Concepts, in partnership with the SoFit Expo, brings you The Praelium July 1 & 2 in Jacksonville. Please see below for all the details of the competition.
This is the final schedule, no changes will be made. Though we will fill withdraws and cancellation spots with those on the wait list, the schedule will remain the same. All weigh-in times will remain the same. Should the meet unexpectedly run behind schedule, it will NOT affect weigh-in times. Schedule delays only add more time between weigh-ins and lift times.
This is not a championship event and is a local level competition. As such, athletes may move up a weight class should they make weight on the day of the event. Please contact us with any questions or concerns.
*Please note this schedule is subject to change
|1||Both||All Youth Boy/Girls||7:30 a.m.||9:30 a.m.||16|
|2||Female||48, 53, 58 (Jr. & Sr.)||9:30 a.m.||11:30 a.m.||15|
|3||Male||56, 62, 69, 77 (Jr. & Sr.)||12:00 p.m.||2:00 p.m.||17|
|4||Female||63 (Jr. & Sr.)||2:30 p.m.||4:30 p.m.||9|
|5||Female||All Masters||7:00 a.m.||9:00 a.m.||10|
|6||Male||All Master & 85 (Jr. & Sr.)||8:45 a.m.||10:45 a.m.||19|
|7||Female||69, 75, 90, 90+ (Jr. & Sr.)||11:15 a.m.||1:15 p.m.||18|
|8||Male||94, 105, 105+ (Jr. & Sr.)||1:30 p.m.||3:30 p.m.||10|
1. Youth (born 2000 or after)
2. Junior (born 1999-1997)
3. Senior (born 1996-1983)
4. Masters (1982 or before)
1. 1st, 2nd, 3rd place medals for each weight class of each age divisions
2. Prizes for individual sinclair in each age division and in an overall/"open" format
- This is an official, USA Weightlifting sanctioned competition. As such all rules & regulations apply
- All athletes must have a singlet
- All athletes must have a current USAW membership card, active
- Competition equipment will read in kilograms
- There are 2 hours between the start of each session's weigh in and lifting. Weigh ins themselves only last 1 hour after which point no more competitors for that session can weigh in.
- As a local level meet, athletes who attempt to weigh within their respective weight class but fail will be allowed to move up into the next category. Note: this rule is not allowed at the National Level and athletes falling into this scenario are disqualified and not allowed to compete
- It is the responsibility of the athlete and coach to be familiar with all rules and regulations not stated above